Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 8
Tags: Apple Scones, Apples, Autumn, Baking, Baking Powder, Breakfast, Brown Sugar, Brunch, Butter, Cinnamon, Cream, Cream of Tartar, Eggs, Flour, Golden Delicious, Gracious Vintage, Heavy Cream, Kosher Salt, Milk, Salt, Scones, Snickerdoodle Apple Scones, Sugar, Tiny New York Kitchen, Unsalted Butter, Vanilla, Victoria Hart Glavin
These are my all-time favorite autumn breakfast treats. They make a delicious after school snack as well. Golden Delicious work well for this recipe, but you may use any apple that you like.
- 2 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour (Plus More For Dusting)
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon (Divided)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Chilled/Cut Into Cubes)
- 1/2 Cup Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Small Apples (Peeled/Dived)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- Add butter to flour mixture. Using your hands or pastry cutter, work butter into flour mixture until evenly distributed and mixture is pea-size pieces. Add milk, egg, and vanilla. Stir and fold until just combined. Fold in apples.
- Transfer dough onto lightly floured surface and gently knead just until dough comes together. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and shape into round loaf to form 8 wedges and separate, spacing 2 inches apart.
- In small-size bowl, combine sugar and remaining cinnamon. Brush scone tops with heavy cream and then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place in oven 25 to 28 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 28 Minutes Total Time: 48 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved