Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Turn a favorite breakfast cereal into hearty, spiced muffins. Grated pear and tangy buttermilk keep these treats moist and flavorful. Make sure to use an organic Raisin Bran cereal.
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 5 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 1/2 Cups Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Medium Pear (Grated)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large-size bowl, whisk together honey, buttermilk, butter, and eggs.
- In a second large-size bowl, combine cereal, flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and kosher salt.
- Add cereal mixture to buttermilk mixture. Stir just until combined. Fold in grated pear.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin pan.
- Makes 12 Muffins
- “Work With What You Got”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin