Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Apples, Autumn, Clean Eating, Cranberries, Dinner, Dried Cranberries, Dried Fruit, Ginger, Gracious Vintage, hazelnuts, Healthy Autumn Apple Kale Raw Salad, Healthy Salads, Homemade Dressings, Honey Crisp Apples, Honeycrisp Apples, Kale, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Lunch, Maple Syrup, Olive Oil, Raw Food, Salads, Salt, Shallots, Tiny New York Kitchen, Tuscan Kale, Vegan, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin
I like to take advantage of tasty autumn apples by making a healthy salad that consists of kale, Honeycrisp apples, hazelnuts, dried cranberries, and a light homemade dressing. Apart from their appetizing crunch, Honeycrisp apples have a clean and sweet flavor. They are a mixture of sweet and tart that creates a unique and flavorful apple. As an added bonus, Honeycrisp apples have a longer shelf life, if stored properly.
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Shallot (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger (Minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 Cups Tuscan Kale (Stems Removed)
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples (Cored/Sliced)
- 3/4 Cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- To prepare the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a large-size jar. Shake well until combined.
- To prepare the salad, chop the kale and place it in a large-size mixing bowl. Gently massage the kale to soften it. Transfer kale to a large-size serving bowl.
- Arrange the apple slices over the kale. Scatter the hazelnuts and cranberries over the kale.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 15 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved