Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Here’s an alternative to the classic green bean casserole. This recipe requires only stovetop cooking and can be partially made the day before. P.S. this dish is gluten free.
- 2 Pounds Fresh Green Beans (Trimmed)
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- Place the slivered almonds in a medium-size skillet and toast over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir frequently. You will want them to be lightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place green beans in large-size saucepan. Cover with cold water. Turn heat to a medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain beans. Place beans in ice water bath for 5 minutes. This will stop any further cooking.
- Drain beans and pat dry. Place beans in zip-lock bag and place in refrigerator for 2 hours. You will want beans to be thoroughly chilled.
- In a large-size skillet place butter and olive oil. Turn heat to medium and melt butter. Stir in green beans. Cook for 5 minutes. You will want beans to be a light golden brown. Stir in cooled almonds and parsley. Heat through.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve warm.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen