Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
There’s no better way to show how much you care this Mother’s Day then to cook a beautiful brunch for your special someone, your mom. As you know Mother’s Day is this weekend and instead of dealing with the long lines and frustration with getting a reservation, why not impress mom this year with your culinary skills and create some fond Mother’s Day memories.
- 4 Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons Milk
- 8 Slices Day Old Bread
- 1 Cup Peanuts (Finally Chopped)
- 2 Bananas (Sliced)
- Maple Syrup
- In shallow bowl beat eggs and milk together. Soak bead slices one at a time in egg mixture. Turn once. Dip each slice into peanuts to coat both sides.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Turn heat to medium until skillet is hot. Place 2 bread slices in skillet. Cook over medium to medium-low heat for 3 minutes per side until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains. Adjust heat as necessary so that peanuts do not burn.
- Clean skillet and repeat to cook remaining bread.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve warm. Top with butter, bananas, and maple syrup.
- Serves 4
- NOTE: You may substitute chopped pecans for peanuts if you want.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved