Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
This Brandy Pudding Cake is excellent when eaten warm.
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Melted & Cooled)
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter shallow baking dish or molded cake pan.
- Separate eggs. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour and kosher salt. In separate large-size bowl whisk together milk, lemon juice, brandy, butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest, and egg yolks. Stir wet mixture into flour mixture.
- In another large-size bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Increase speed to medium-high and add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until whites just hold stiff peaks.
- Stir 1/3 egg whites into flour mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whites gently, but thoroughly. Pour batter into baking dish and bake in water bath 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved