Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Basil, Brown Sugar, Butternut Squash Pumpkin Puree, Cinnamon, Fall, Ginger, Kosher, Lasagna, Lasagna Noodles, Maple Syrup, Mozzarella, Nutmeg, Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, Pasta, Pepper, Pine Nuts, Pumpkin Lasagna, Ricotta Cheese, Squash, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
This Pumpkin Lasagna is delicious, hearty, and the perfect fall dinner dish. Leftovers are excellent for weekend lunches.
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Purée
- 8 Ounces Fresh Basil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 10 No-Boil Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (Diced Into 1/2 Inch Pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Pine Nuts (Optional)
- Olive Oil For Greasing Baking Dish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place whole butternut squash onto baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes until soft enough to cut in half with not much effort.
- Remove from oven and cut into quarters. Place in glass baking dish and roast for 50 more minutes until skin can be easily peeled away from flesh.
- Cut chunks to 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- In small-size bowl, mix together pumpkin purée, kosher salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In small-size bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, 2/3 diced mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Grease glass baking dish with olive oil.
- Spoon 1/3 cup pumpkin sauce in baking dish. Top with two lasagna noodles. Spoon 1/4 ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with 1/4 cup butternut squash pieces. Top with 1/3 cup of sauce. Layer with fresh basil leaves. Top with two more noodles. Continue to layer until all cheese, squash, and basil is used. Add final two lasagna noodles and remaining sauce. Dot top with remaining chopped mozzarella and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Sprinkle top with pine nuts (optional).
- Cover with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake for 55 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand, covered, for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6
- “Work With What You Got”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin