Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Baked Goods, Baking, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Bob's Red Mill, Butter, Cake, Cakes, Carrot Cake, Carrots, Cinnamon, Cream Cheese, Eggs, Gluten Free, Gluten Free Carrot Cake, Gluten-Free Baking, Greenwich Free Press, Olive Oil, Powdered Sugar, Sugar, Vanilla, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
My daughter has been visiting from the West Coast and tries to eat gluten free as much as she can so I’ve been experimenting with creating gluten free recipes. Here is a recipe for gluten free carrot cake, which tastes exactly like regular carrot cake.
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (I Used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 To 1 Baking Flour)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Finely Shredded Carrots
- 1 1/3 Cups Olive Oil
- 5 Eggs
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large-size bowl combine gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and cinnamon. Add carrots, olive oil, and eggs. Beat with electric mixer until combined.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured (GF flour) 9x1 1/2 inch round baking pans. Place in oven and bake 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. Remove from pan and cool thoroughly on racks before frosting.
- Frost middle layer, sides, and top with cream cheese frosting.
- To make cream cheese frosting beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in large-size bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in enough remaining powdered sugar to make frosting of spreading consistency. Frosts tops and sides of two 8 or 9 inch cake layers. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serves 12
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved