Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
You must try the most delightful French toast ever! It’s so crispy and crunchy that you’ll never want to eat plain old French toast again.
- 8 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 7 Cups Cornflakes (Finely Crushed)
- 12 Slices Challah Bread (Cut 1 Inch Thick)
- 9 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In pie plate whisk together eggs and milk. Place crushed cornflakes in second pie plate or shallow dish. Working with one slice at a time soak bread in egg mixture 20 seconds per side. Let any excess egg drip off. Coat in cornflakes pressing gently to help adhere.
- Melt 3 tablespoons unsalted butter in large-size nonstick skillet over a medium heat. Add 4 slices of coated bread. Cook 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Wipe out skillet. Repeat with remaining butter and coated bread.
- Transfer to oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to serving plate.
- Serve with maple syrup and assorted toppings.
- Makes 12 pieces.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved