Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 20 Makes About 20 Servings
Tags: Baked Goods, Baking, Baking Powder, Black Forest Brownies, Brownies, Butter, Cake, Candied Cherries, Cherries, Chocolate, Chocolate Chips, Christmas, Christmas Baking, Cocoa Powder, Eggs, Flour, Holiday Treats, Holidays, Kosher Salt, Milk, Salt, Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Sugar, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vanilla
Put a holiday spin on rich chocolate brownies that is reminiscent of the classic Black Forest Cake.
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 8 Ounces Candied Cherries (Drained, Halved)
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, kosher salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- In large-size bowl add butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Melt in microwave for 30 second intervals until smooth. Stir after each interval.
- Add melted butter mixture, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix until fully combined. Press into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Top brownie mixture with cherries, chocolate chips, and then sweetened condensed milk.
- Place in oven 28 to 30 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to set up overnight before cutting and serving.
- Makes About 20 Servings
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved