Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I don’t know one person who doesn’t like cheesecake although I’m sure there are one or two out there. Rich, sweet, and just plain awesome, this scrumptious treat is a delight for the whole family
- 1 Cup Finely Crushed Graham Crackers
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups (15 Ounces) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Almond Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Blanched Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl combine all crust ingredients. Press evenly over bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of an 8-inch springform pan.
- In a large-size bowl combine ricotta cheese, sugar, whipping cream, flour, kosher salt, 1/4 cup water, and almond extract. Blend with electric mixer until nice and smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chopped almonds. Pour into pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Cool in oven with oven door open for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in fridge. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serves 6.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin