Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 4.7/5]
Use this simple recipe to spice up your Thanksgiving.
- 1 Whole Turkey (12 to 14 Pounds)
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 8 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- In a medium-size container, combine brown sugar, kosher salt, chili powder, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and coriander. Put lid on container and store until ready to use.
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey. Throw away or save for another use. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to tucked position. Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush outside of turkey with half of the olive oil. Rub outside and inside of cavity with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove turkey from fridge and brush with remaining olive oil. Place in oven and roast for about 3 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 180 degrees when inserted in thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove turkey from oven. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Serves 12
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen