Yields or Serves: 6
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
I like how homemade rhubarb topping complements creamy vanilla panna cotta for an easy and impressive summer dessert. There is also something rather beautiful about the vibrant pink of rhubarb next to something so simple and light as a panna cotta, it looks so special, nearly elegant.
- Panna Cotta:
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Gelatin
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Rhubarb Topping:
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 1/4 Cups Sliced Rhubarb
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- To Make Panna Cotta: In small-size saucepan stir together cream, and sugar over medium heat. Bring to simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In small-size bowl combine cold water with gelatin and let sit 10 minutes.
- Stir gelatin and kosher salt into warm cream mixture. Add vanilla extract.
- If you plan to unmold panna cotta, spray six ramekins with nonstick spray. Otherwise just divide cream mixture among ramekins. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours until set.
- Remove panna cotta from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. If unmolding run knife around inside edge of each ramekin and invert onto plate.
- To Make Rhubarb Topping: In small-size saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil. Add rhubarb and cook, stirring, 5 to 10 minutes until rhubarb is tender and mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and nutmeg.
- Remove 20 minutes before serving. Serve panna cotta topped with warm rhubarb topping.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved