Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
In the Northeast it’s just beginning to get colder, which always calls for hot chocolate in my book. Forget that processed packaged stuff that you may find on the grocery store shelves and make an amazing cup of real, homemade hot chocolate that will satisfy your sweet tooth and warm your tummy.
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2/3 Cup Boiling Water
- 7 Cups Milk
- 1 1/4 Cups Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (60% Cacao)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- In large-size heavy saucepan combine sugar, kosher salt, and boiling water. Bring to gentle boil while stirring. Reduce heat to simmer and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and chocolate chips. Turn heat to a medium-high and cook 5 minutes until mixture becomes very hot, but not boiling. Make sure to continue stirring throughout cooking process.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Give a good stir.
- Divide among 6 to 8 mugs and add half & half to cool to drinking temperature. Feel free to add marshmallows if you heart so desires.
- Serves 6 to 8
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 9 Minutes Total Time: 24 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved