Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 6
Tags: Allspice, Apple Pie Spice, Bourbon, Brown Sugar, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cocktails, Frozen Fruit, Frozen Fruit Cocktails, Fruit, Gin, Ginger, Gracious Vintage, July 4, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, Lime Zest, Nutmeg, Parties, Peaches, Pineapple, Spices, Sugar, Summer, Tiny New York Kitchen, Toothpicks, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vodka, Water, Watermelon
Cool down with this boozy fruit that is both a snack and cocktail in one. We’ve used pineapple in this recipe but you could use watermelon, peaches or any other fruit that absorbs well.
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Bourbon
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 4 Cups Pineapple Chunks
- Toothpicks For Serving
- In small-size saucepan combine brown sugar, apple pie spice, and 1/3 cup water. Turn heat to medium and cook 2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in bourbon and lemon juice. Pour mixture into medium-size bowl. Stir pineapple chunks into bourbon mixture and cover with plastic wrap. Place in freezer for 2 to 3 hours until very cold. Stir every 30 minutes for the first hour.
- Remove from freezer and drain bourbon mixture before serving and save for use in cocktails.
- Serve with toothpicks.
- Use this same method with other combinations of fruit, flavorings, and spirits like: Watermelon Chunks (Gin plus 2 tablespoons lime juice and zest) Fresh Peach Wedges (Vodka plus 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger plus 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon)
- If you don’t have apple pie spice on hand here is how to make it: 4 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon, 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg, 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice, 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger, 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cardamom Combine spices in small-size bowl. Mix well to combine. Store in small jar or spice container.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 2 Minutes Total Time: 22 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved