Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Beans, Chickpeas, Fava Bean Hummus, Fava Beans, Garlic, Garnish, Holidays, Hummus, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Mint, Mint Leaves, Olive Oil, Oregano, Paprika, Salt, Sandwiches, Spreads, Tahini, Thyme, Vegan, Vegetarian, Wraps
Fava beans are full of nutrition and are a nice addition to chickpeas. I like to make hummus, along with various dips, for party platters. Fava Bean Hummus is so versatile that you can even use it for a spread on sandwiches and wraps.
- 2 Cups Uncooked Fava Beans
- 1 Cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Olive Oil For Garnish
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika For Garnish
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves For Garnish
- In large-size bowl add fava beans and cover with cold water. Let soak 3 to 6 hours.
- Drain fava beans and add to pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook 25 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Add drained fava beans, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, garlic, oregano, and thyme. Pulse 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl or tightly sealed container. Will keep, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
- When serving garnish with olive oil, paprika, and mint leaves.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved