Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Roasting Brussels sprouts and cauliflower allows sugars to caramelize and adds depth to this simple winter soup.
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts (Halved)
- 10 Ounces Cauliflower Florets
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line large-size sheet with parchment paper. Arrange sprouts and cauliflower on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven 15 minutes. Stir halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large-size saucepan melt butter and sauté diced onion 3 minutes until translucent. Add vegetable broth and bring to boil. Turn heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add roasted sprouts and cauliflower to broth and simmer 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender purée soup. Remove from heat and stir in milk.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 33 Minutes Total Time: 53 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved