Yields or Serves: Makes 1 Loaf
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
My relatives used to serve this cake in England. It is a delicious lemony cake that everyone will want you to make often.
- 1 Cup Sugar (Divided)
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Grated Rind Of 1/2 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour standard size loaf pan.
- In large-size bowl cream 2/3 cup sugar and butter together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well until mixture is light and fluffy.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, kosher salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with milk. Beat until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Place in oven 45 minutes until done. Remove from oven.
- Mix remaining 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice, and lemon rind in small-size saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cake in pan while cake is still hot.
- Let cool to room temperature before removing cake from pan.
- Makes 1 Loaf
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved