Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Breakfast, Breakfast Poutine, Breakfast Sausage, Brunch, Butter, Canada, Cayenne Pepper, Cheddar Cheese Curds, Cheese Curds, Eggs, French Fries, Fries, Gracious Vintage, Hot Sauce, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Mayonnaise, Pepper, Poutine, Salt, Sausage, Tiny New York Kitchen, Unsalted Butter, Victoria Hart Glavin
Americans have embraced the Canadian invention of poutine, making it our own with some unique touches. Typically, French fries are topped with cheese curds and gravy. In this recipe, scrambled eggs and sausage are added to make a hearty breakfast dish.
- 1 (28 Ounce) Package Frozen Fries
- 8 Ounces Breakfast Sausage
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Cup Cheddar Cheese Curds
- Hot Sauce For Serving (Optional)
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange fries in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Place in oven 25 to 30 minutes until browned and crispy.
- In large-size skillet cook sausage over a medium heat, breaking sausage into small pieces, until cooked through. Transfer cooked sausage to paper towel lined plate. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Heat skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- In small-size bowl beat eggs together until smooth. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Add butter to skillet and swirl until melted. Remove skillet from heat and pour eggs into hot skillet. Immediately pull a rubber spatula through eggs to create ribbons. Continue gently pulling eggs around the pan until mostly set. Place skillet over a low heat as needed.
- To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in small-size bowl. Set aside.
- To assemble, push fries to one half of baking sheet and layer sausage, eggs, and cheese curds over fries. Place in oven about 10 minutes until cheese curds are melted. Rotate pan halfway through.
- Remove from oven and drizzle poutine with sauce.
- Serve immediately with hot sauce.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved