Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
If you’re having a smaller Thanksgiving gathering Stuffed Turkey Breast is a nice alternative to a full turkey. This recipe also makes for a delicious weekend main course. Make sure to let it rest after roasting so that the “stuffing” has time to set.
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Spinach (Chopped)
- 2 Shallots (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper (Divided)
- 1/3 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Turkey Bone-In Turkey Breast (About 5 Pounds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large-size skillet over a medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add spinach and sauté 4 minutes until wilted. Stir in ricotta cheese and Parmesan and cook 5 minutes. Mixture should be reduced and slightly thickened.
- Place turkey breast on cutting board. Using very sharp knife carefully cut out bone. Cut deep pocket into side of turkey breast. Be careful not to cut completely through turkey. Spoon spinach mixture into pocket.
- Using kitchen twine, tie turkey breast together. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look beautiful, as you’ll be removing twine later. Place on rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan and drizzle remaining olive oil over top. Sprinkle remaining kosher salt and pepper over turkey breast.
- Place in oven 90 minutes until skin is golden brown and internal thermometer (inserted in center) reads 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil and allow to rest 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Remove kitchen twine before slicing.
- Note: If you’re having a larger crowd you may make multiple Stuffed Turkey Breasts
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 90 Minutes Total Time: 110 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved