Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 13 Average: 3.4/5]
This is a delicious go-to recipe for pumpkin season as these well-spiced muffins are remarkable for the satisfying crunch of their topping.
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In large-size bowl cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Add pumpkin purée and sour cream.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture. Stir until combined.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle a bit of turbinado sugar on top of each muffin.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Makes 12 Muffins
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved