Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Asian Cooking, Black Sesame Seeds, Canola Oil, Chili Garlic Paste, Garlic, Ginger, Green Onions, Kosher Salt, Noodles, Red Pepper Flakes, Rice Vinegar, Salt, Sesame Noodles With Green Onions & Crispy Wontons, Sesame Oil, Sesame Seeds, Soba Noodles, Soy Sauce, toasted Sesame Oil, Udon Noodles, Vegan, Vegetable Oil, Wonton Wrappers
I love these noodles because they’re simple, but yet complex.
- 1 Pound Soba Or Udon Noodles
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Fresh Ginger
- 3 Green Onions (Sliced)
- 1/4 Package Wonton Wrappers (Cut Into Strips)
- Canola Or Vegetable Oil For Frying
- Black Sesame Seeds For Garnish
- Add canola or vegetable oil to heavy skillet and bring heat to medium-high. Add wonton strips and fry on both sides. They are ready to turn when one side has bubbled up and turned a very light golden brown. Remove from heat and place on paper towels to drain excels oil. Store fried wontons in airtight container until ready to use.
- Bring large-size pot of water to boil. Add 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt. Add noodles until done. Reserve 2 tablespoons of noodle water. Drain noodles and return noodles to pot.
- In small-size bowl combine soy sauce, chili garlic paste, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger. Whisk to combine
- Place pan of noodles back over a medium heat. Add sauce and reserved noodle water. Stir well to coat. Continue tossing until warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Break the fried wonton strips up a bit and toss with noodles.
- Toss in green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved