Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Apple Cider Vinegar, Beans, Black-Eyed Pea Salad, Black-Eyed Peas, Christmas, Coriander, Cucumbers, Cumin, Gracious Vintage, Green Onions, Kosher Salt, Lime Juice, Limes, New Year's Day, Onions, Paprika, Pepper, Red Onions, Salads, Salt, Side Dishes, Tiny New York Kitchen, Tomatoes, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar
All good Southerners and their friends know that the secret to a prosperous New Year is to eat black eyed peas on New Year’s Day! But, I just don’t make this salad for New Year’s Day. I’m taking this dish to a Christmas party and I’m certain that it will be one of the first things that will go quickly.
- 3 Cups Cooked Black Eyed Peas
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (Seeded/Diced)
- 1 Cup Cucumber (Seeded/Diced)
- 3 Green Onions (Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 3/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- In large-size bowl combine beans and vegetables.
- In small-size bowl whisk together vinegar, lime juice, kosher salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, and paprika.
- Pour dressing over beans and vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 5 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 15 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved