Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Hot out of the oven, these sweet treats are pure autumnal pleasure with a few sweet chocolate chips thrown in to make them taste especially decadent. Serve for brunch or your book club, and save a few to tote to work or school throughout the week.
- 2 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 2 Large Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with baking cup liners. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and kosher salt. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and make a well in center of mixture.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin, buttermilk, olive oil, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir only until moist.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on muffins.
- Place into oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately and cool on wire rack before serving.
- Makes 18
- “Work With What You Got”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin