Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Blueberry Skillet Cake is a cross between a pancake and Dutch baby and is so easy to make. Slice into wedges and serve warm with lots of maple syrup.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Blueberries
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 10-inch cast iron skillet in oven to preheat.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add blueberries and toss them gently in flour mixture. Doing this helps keep blueberries from sinking to bottom of the cake.
- In another large-size bowl combine buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Remove hot skillet from oven. Add olive oil and unsalted butter to skillet. Let butter melt completely and then carefully pour oil and butter into buttermilk mixture. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add wet mixture to flour mixture. Stir gently until combined and most of the lumps are gone. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Place in oven and bake 30 to 35 minutes until cake is fluffy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Slice warm cake into wedges and serve with plenty of maple syrup.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved