Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 300 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Brown Sugar, Cider Vinegar, Cumin, Dinner, Kosher Salt, Lettuce, Marmalade, Onions, Oranges, Pepper, Pickles, Pork, Pork Shoulder, Potato Chips, Pulled Pork, Pulled Pork Sliders, Pulled Pork Sliders With Romaine Slaw, Rolls, Romaine Lettuce, Romaine Slaw, Salt, Slow Cooker, Sour Cream, Tiny New York Kitchen, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, Yellow Onion
What’s for dinner tonight? We all could use an easy meal to make that everyone will like. Put your slow cooker to work and make these Pulled Pork Sliders.
- 1 Orange (Zest/Juice)
- 1/2 Cup Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon Cider Vinegar (Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 1/2 Pounds Pork Shoulder (Trimmed/Cut Into 3 Inch Pieces)
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (Sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Head Romaine Lettuce
- 8 Small Rolls (Split)
- Pickles & Potato Chips For Serving
- Grate 1 teaspoon orange zest into a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker. Add marmalade, brown sugar, cumin, 2 tablespoons vinegar, kosher salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add pork and onion. Toss to coat. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook 4 to 5 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low until pork is tender and shreds easily.
- 15 minutes before pork is done, squeeze 1/4 cup juice from orange into large-size bowl. Whisk in sour cream, remaining vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Toss to combine. Shred lettuce and add to bowl. Toss to coat.
- Using 2 forks, shred pork and stir into cooking liquid.
- To assemble, pile pork onto rolls and top with romaine slaw.
- Serve with pickles and potato chips.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 300 Minutes Total Time: 320 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved