Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 15 Average: 3.8/5]
Irish whiskey brings a complexity to an easy to make treat.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Irish Whiskey
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup White Rice Flour
- In large-size bowl beat butter until smooth. Add sugar, kosher salt, and whiskey. Beat until smooth. Mix in flour and rice flour. Divide dough in half and form each into 7-inch dish. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and unwrap. Press into prepared pans. Prick dough all over with a fork to prevent from puffing.
- Place in oven 32 to 38 minutes until golden brown. Check at 18 minutes and if shortbread is puffing up us a spatula to press dough down. Continue to bake until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before loosening edges of shortbread from pans before turning over onto cutting board. Tap bottom of pan to release shortbread. Cut each round into eight wedges with a serrated knife.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes About 16 Wedges
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 38 Minutes Total Time: 53 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved