Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
I love shopping at autumn farm markets and am currently planning the Thanksgiving meal. Holiday Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes is a lifesaver because during the holidays using the slow cooker frees up oven space, plus can make enough for a large crowd with leftovers. This dish can be prepped the night before or even cooked a day or two in advance. It is also delicious for a potluck; just bring your slow cooker along and your host will be happy not to have to fit another dish in the oven.
- 3 Pounds Sweet Potatoes (Peeled & Chopped Into 2 Inch Chunks)
- 4 Apples (Peeled & Cored & Chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Cut Up)
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high 3 to 4 hours. Gently stir every hour. Sweet potatoes should be soft. Serve immediately or can be left on warm in slow cooker for several hours. Can also be cooled and stored in refrigerator for a couple days before rewarming in slow cooker on low for 2 hours.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 240 Minutes (3 to 4 Hours) Total Time: 270 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved