Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Be sure to add this treat to your holiday list. The traditional flavor of gingerbread that combines with everyone’s favorite Rice Krispy Treats makes a delicious holiday treat that will be gone as soon as you can say “Santa Claus!”
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 Ounces Marshmallows
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Grease 9x13 pan with butter or line with parchment paper.
- In small-size bowl combine ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- In large-size saucepan melt butter over a medium heat. Stir in marshmallows and spices. Cook until marshmallows are completely melted. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and cereal. Thoroughly combine.
- Press firmly into prepared pan. Allow 30 minutes to set. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve immediately.
- Serves 12
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen