Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bacon, Beans, Butter, Chicken Broth, Garlic, Green Beans, Green Beans With New Potatoes, Greenwich Free Press, Kosher Salt, New Potatoes, Olive Oil, Onions, Pepper, Potatoes, Red Potatoes, Salt, Side Dishes, Summer Vegetables, Unsalted Butter, Vegetables, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
There are some vegetables that I just can’t get enough of and, for me; I’ve never met a green bean that I didn’t fall in love with. When I was a kid I even used to eat them straight out of the can. Luckily my tastes have grown up and know that fresh is best. But, between you and me I’d still eat them out of a can if given the chance. Shhhh…. don’t tell anyone.
- 2 Ounces Bacon (Chopped)
- 1/2 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 1/2 Pounds Fresh Green Beans
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 6 Small Red Potatoes (Scrubbed & Halved)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- In large-size pot over a medium-high heat cook bacon for 5 minutes until fat renders and bacon begins to brown. Stir in onions and cook another 5 minutes.
- Trim ends of green beans. Remove strings. Cut into bite-size lengths. Add green beans, kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour in chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover with lid and cook 25 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes. Add more chicken broth if green beans are nearly dry. Partially cover with lid. Cook 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add butter.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved