Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Categories: Baked Goods, Cakes, Christmas, Desserts, Holiday Treats, Snacks, Thanksgiving, Vegetarian
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Gingerbread for those who wake up Thanksgiving morning and need something delicious to eat with their coffee.
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 2/3 Cup Molasses
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2/3 Cup Hot Coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9” square baking pan. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat together butter and brown sugar until light and creamy. Add molasses and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- In separate large-size bowl combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and kosher salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture. Stir to combine. Add coffee and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter in prepared baking pan.
- Place in oven 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- NOTE: You May Add Slivered Almonds If You Like
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved