Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Beans, Bell Peppers, Chickpeas, Dijon Mustard, Dill, Dilled Red Kidney Beans, Fiber, Green Peppers, Greenwich Free Press, Healthy Cooking, Jalapenos, Kidney Beans, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Lemons, Light Side, Mustard, Olive Oil, Pepper, Protein, Red Kidney Beans, Salads, Salt, Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Kidney beans are full of protein and fiber and make a wonderful base for a side dish. If you don’t have red kidney beans then use whatever beans you do have. I’ll bet this dish would be great with chickpeas.
- 2 Cups Cooked Red Kidney Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- Zest Of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill (Minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In small-size bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, Dijon mustard, kosher salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- In medium-size bowl combine beans, jalapeño, and bell pepper. Toss well.
- Evenly pour olive oil mixture over bean mixture. Toss again. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve at room temperature or cover and chill for later.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen