Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 10
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
This large meringue is just as beautiful as it is delicious. The whipped cream and fresh fruit help keep this dessert from veering too sweet. Feel free to use any fruit that you have on hand.
- 6 Large Egg Whites (Room Temperature)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar (Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream (Cold)
- 2 Cups Strawberries
- 1 Cup Sliced Figs
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Mint Leaves (For Garnish)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Trace a 10-inch circle onto parchment and then turn sheet over.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar. Whisk in vinegar, cornstarch, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer meringue to large-size piping bag fitted with large round tip. Pipe twenty 3 1/2-inch-long oval mounds in a circle using traced circle as a guide. With back of spoon create channel around the circle through the mounds.
- Place in oven 1 hour until dry to touch. Turn off oven and leave pavlova inside, propping oven door open slightly with wooden spoon.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Transfer to large-size serving platter.
- When ready to serve, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Spoon whipped cream into channel. Arrange fruit over whipped cream. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top. Garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 85 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved