Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Air Fryers, Almond Flour, Apple Cider Vinegar, Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings with Ranch, Bread Crumbs, Buttermilk, Carrots, Celery, Chicken, Chicken Breasts, Chicken Wings, Chives, Cucumbers, Garlic, Garlic Powder, Gracious Vintage, Greek Yogurt, Hot Sauce, Kosher Salt, Mayonnaise, Pepper, Poultry, Ranch Dressing, Salt, Tiny New York Kitchen, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, Yogurt
This is such a good recipe for making crispy hot wings in your air fryer. Marinating boneless chicken breast pieces in a mix of buttermilk and hot sauce infuses the meat with flavor, and the panko and almond flour breading creates a delicious crisp crust in the air fryer. The wings get a splash of hot sauce to finish.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Buttermilk (Divvied)
- 1/4 Cup Plus 1 1/2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder (Divided)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Divvied)
- 3/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour (Finely Ground)
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Chives (Finley Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Finely Ground Pepper
- 1 Medium Cucumber (Sliced)
- 2 Large Carrots (Cut Into Sticks)
- 4 Celery Ribs (Cut Into Sticks)
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. Pour 3/4 cup buttermilk into a non-reactive, airtight container or bowl. Add 1/4 cup hot sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Stir to combine. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture and stir to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees. Coat air fryer basket well with cooking spray.
- On large-size plate combine bread crumbs with almond flour. Pick up each chicken piece, letting excess marinade drip off, and roll in panko mixture. Press gently to adhere crumbs and place on another clean plate. Repeat process with enough chicken pieces to make an even layer in the air fryer with about 1/2 inch between pieces to allow air to circulate. Mist chicken all over with cooking spray.
- Transfer breaded chicken pieces to air fryer basket. Lock on the lid and cook, carefully turn pieces over once, for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while breading and air frying remaining chicken. Discard buttermilk marinade.
- While chicken is cooking prepare ranch dressing by combine remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium-size bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Sprinkle cooked chicken pieces with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce.
- Serve with vegetables and ranch dressing for dipping.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved