Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Some people just want to cook turkey breast instead of an entire turkey. Juicy bacon does double duty in this Thanksgiving showstopper by keeping the lean turkey meat nice and moist and delivering a crispy outer layer. If you’re using store bought gravy, you might want to stir in chopped herbs like parsley or chives, or add a squeeze of lemon juice and some grated zest for a hit of fresh flavor.
- 1 Large Sage Leaf
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 1 Turkey Breast (Approx 1 1/2 Pounds)
- 6 To 8 Bacon Slices
- 8 (12 Inch Long) Strands Butcher’s Twine
- 2 Cups Prepared Gravy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange rack inside a small-size roasting pan or baking sheet. Set aside.
- Finley chop sage, parsley, thyme, kosher salt, and pepper. Add to small-size bowl with melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Remove skin from turkey breast and trim away any bones. Brush turkey all over with herb butter.
- Arrange turkey breast, smooth-side up, and line bacon slices on top to cover breast, overlapping edges of slices slightly and tucking ends underneath.
- Tie turkey breast with butcher’s twine, spacing each piece about 1/2 inch apart.
- Place on rack in roasting pan, smooth side up.
- Place in oven 1 hour, until thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 165F.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve with gravy.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved