Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Gluten and dairy-free these little almond cookies are an Italian treat that everyone will like.
- 3 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Apricot Jam
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Cups Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine almond flour and sugar.
- In separate large-size bowl whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Whisk in apricot jam and almond extract.
- With rubber spatula, fold egg white mixture into almond flour mixture. When almost uniform use your hands to knead a few times until dough is stiff and sticky.
- Pour sliced almonds onto plate. Pinch off pieces of dough ad roll them into ball. Roll each cookie ball into almonds, pushing gently so almonds adhere. Arrange cookies evenly on baking sheets, leave 1/4-inch space between.
- Place in oven 20 minutes until light and golden. Rotate try after 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire cooking racks and cool completely.
- Cookies will keep for up to a week in airtight container at room temperature.
- Makes 30 to 40 Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved