Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
These Valentine cookies are chocolaty with lots of taste. Adults and children will love them alike.
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Egg (Room Temperature)
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl cream together butter, and sugar until nice and smooth. Beat in egg.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture to form a soft dough. Divide dough into two pieces. Flatten each piece and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. With heart shaped cookie cutter cut out cookies. If dough is sticky add a bit more flour to surface.
- Place cookies 1 1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Place in oven 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before removing. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes About 30 Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes Chill Time: 2 Hours
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved