Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Sweet, heart shaped Lemon Butter Cookies are a scrumptious treat for you and your valentine.
- 1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- In small-size bowl combine unbleached flour and toasted almond flour. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Beat until dough just comes together.
- Remove dough from bowl and shape into dish. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On lightly floured surface roll dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Using heart-shaped cookie cutter cut out 3 dozen cookies. Reroll dough only once. You don’t want to overwork the dough. Carefully place cookies on prepared baking sheets.
- Place in oven 8 to 10 minutes (depending on size of cookies) until edges just turn golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dust cookies lightly with powdered sugar. Transfer to serving plate.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies (depending on size of cookie cutter)
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved