Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Mint, chives, parsley, and basil are whirled into a walnut based pesto and tossed with pasta and tomatoes for a quick dinner that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 Pound Spaghetti
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint
- 1 Large Garlic Clove (Quartered)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- Fill large-size pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 Cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in small-size sauté pan toast walnuts over a medium heat 4 minutes until browned in spots. Stir often. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In food processor add cooled walnuts, parsley, basil, chives, mint, and garlic. Pulse until very finely chopped. Scrape down sides with spatula occasionally. Gradually pulse in olive oil until well incorporated.
- Transfer pesto to large-size bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Add halved tomatoes and cooked pasta. Toss until well combined. Add reserved cooking water if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 27 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved