Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
With a combination of leafy greens, vegetables and beans, Nonno’s Minestrone Soup is easy to make and hearty enough to fill you up to get you through our crazy March weather.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Cups Chicken Or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Large Carrot (Peeled & Chopped)
- 1 Celery Stalk (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Canned Diced Tomatoes (With Juice)
- 1 Cup Cooked Chickpeas (Rinsed & Drained)
- 1 Cup Kidney Beans (Rinsed & Drained)
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Beans
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Spinach
- 1 Cup Pasta (Small Pasta Like Penne, Macaroni Or Shells)
- 1/4 Cup Grated Romano Or Parmesan Cheese
- In large-size pot heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes until onions are soft. Be careful not to brown the garlic. Add broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes with juice, kosher salt, pepper, and oregano. Bring to boil. Add carrots and celery. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. If your soup is too thick add a bit of water. Allow to gently boil 10 minutes. Add pasta. Cover and gently boil 15 minutes longer until pasta is tender. Add green beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, and spinach. Cook 5 minutes more.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time:40 Minutes Total Time:60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved