Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Tags: Abe Lincoln, Beans, Black Eye Peas, Garlic, Green Onions, Greenwich Free Press, Jalapeno Peppers, Kosher Salt, Lime Juice, Limes, Olive Oil, Onions, Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, Red Wine Vinegar, Salads, Salt, Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com, Yellow Bell Pepper
This Spicy Black Eyed Pea Salad is dressed with a light, lime vinaigrette and only takes a few minutes to prepare. If you would like this salad a little less spicy then just use 1 jalapeño pepper.
- 2 Cups Cooked Black Eyed Peas (Rinsed & Drained)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 2 Green Onions (Diced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers (Seeded & Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- In medium-size bowl, combine peppers, green onions, and garlic. Add olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, kosher salt, and pepper. Add black eyed peas and toss well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved