Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Why do we love teriyaki so much? Because when the salt-sugar-umami stars align, the result is a flavor sensation that no one can possibly resist. Forge that bottled corn syrup stuff and make your own teriyaki with only three ingredients (soy sauce, mirin, and sake).
- 1/2 Cup Sake
- 1/4 Cup Mirin
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Pound Piece Boneless Salmon (Skin On)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In small-size bowl combine sake, mirin, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- In large-size skillet heat vegetable oil over a medium-high heat. Slice salmon crosswise on a diagonal into four 1 inch thick portions Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook, skin side down, 4 minutes until skin is brown and crisp. Turn and cook other side 2 minutes until just beginning to brown. Remove and transfer to plate.
- Pour off fat in skillet. Pour teriyaki sauce into skillet and bring to boil over a medium heat. Cook 4 minutes until sauce is reduced by two-thirds. Add salmon, skin side up, spooning sauce over for 2 minutes and salmon is cooked through.
- Remove and transfer to serving platter. Serve with steamed rice.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved