Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Breads, Breakfast, Brown Sugar, Butter, Buttermilk, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Rolls, Flour, Greenwich Free Press, Honey, Kosher Salt, Pecan Rolls, Pecan Sticky Buns, Pecans, Quick Pecan Sticky Buns, Salt, Sugar, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, Weekend Cooking, Weekend Fun, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
These gooey treats usually take several hours to prepare because you have to wait for the dough to rise. This no-fuss dough uses baking soda and baking powder for fast leavening, without losing any of the buttery cinnamon filling, or pecan topping. These Quick Pecan Sticky Buns are ready in an hour.
- 1/4 Cup Plus 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 11 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 1 Cup Pecans (Toasted & Rough Chopped)
- 2 3/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- /2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease 9 inch round metal cake pan. Set aside.
- In small-size bowl combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In medium-size saucepan heat honey, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat until mixture is blended and smooth. Stir occasionally. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with pecans. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In small-size bowl mix buttermilk and 6 tablespoons butter. With spoon, stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until liquid is absorbed.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured flat surface and knead 8 times until smooth. Pat dough into 12 inch by 9 inch rectangle. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Starting at one short end, roll up dough jellyroll style. With seam side down, cut dough crosswise into 8 slices.
- Place each slice, cut side down, on pecan mixture in pan. Brush with remaining butter. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Immediately place serving plate over top of pan and invert onto plate. Allow topping to run down sides of buns. Remove baking pan. Cool buns slightly for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool completely to serve later. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Makes 8 pecan sticky buns.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen