Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Mushrooms and potatoes layered and baked in a creamy cheese sauce until browned and bubbling. Use whatever mushrooms that you like, but you may want to use hen of the woods or oyster mushrooms.
- 4 Tablespoons Butter (Plus More For Baking Dish)
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Mushrooms (Cleaned & Diced)
- 2 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled & Sliced Into 1/8 Inch Rounds)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Or Pecorino Cheese
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 or 3 quart baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- In medium-size pot melt butter over a medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add onions, garlic, oregano, and cayenne. Cook 6 minutes until onions are translucent. Stir in cream and milk. Bring to boil. Stir and remove from heat. Purée with immersion blender or standing blender until nice and smooth. Add kosher salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In large-size skillet add olive oil and sauté mushrooms over a high heat 5 to 7 minutes until browned. Remove from heat.
- In large-size bowl add sliced potatoes, cream mixture, mushrooms, and parsley. Combine and make sure to separate and coat all potato slices.
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking dish. Gently smooth out the top. Sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven 60 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool a bit before serving.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 85 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved