Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 12
Tags: Apple Cider Vinegar, Berries, Butter, Cornstarch, Desserts, Egg Whites, Eggs, Gracious Vintage, Kosher Salt, Lemon Curd, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Lemons, Meringues, Pavlovas With Lemon Curd And Strawberries, Pavlovas With Lemon Curd Strawberries, Salt, Spring Desserts, Strawberries, Sugar, Superfine Sugar, Tiny New York Kitchen, Unsalted Butter, Vanilla, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, White Wine Vinegar
Seriously, this is pretty much a perfect dessert and an excellent way to enjoy fresh strawberries. These, easy to make, meringues are filled with tart lemon curd and topped with juicy strawberries. You can interchange any berries that you may have on hand. Make sure to store meringues in an airtight container and the curd in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Strawberry Topping:
- 1 Pint Strawberries (Hulled/Quartered)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Large Egg Whites (Room Temperature)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Superfine Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Or White Wine Vinegar
- Lemon Curd:
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- Zest Of One Lemon
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Cut Into Cubes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl add strawberries with sugar and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- To make meringues: Pour egg whites into the stand mixer bowl. Add kosher salt and beat until mixture is stiff but not dry. Add superfine sugar, a tablespoon at a time while mixer is running. Beat until shiny and white. Sprinkle cornstarch over surface. Sprinkle vanilla over surface. Sprinkle vinegar over surface. Gently fold to combine ingredients. Do not over mix. Spoon 6 circles of egg white mixture onto each prepared baking sheet. Form sides slightly higher to hold filling. Place baking sheets into oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Bake 25 minutes. Turn oven off and leave both baking sheets in oven 35 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer meringues to wire racks. Completely cool.
- To make lemon curd: Place lemon juice into medium-size saucepan. Add zest, sugar, eggs, and cubed butter. Cook over a low heat about 7 minutes until curd begins to hold its shape and one bubble appears on the surface. Make sure to whisk often. Remove from heat and press through a sieve into a bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface of curd and chill for at least 1 hour.
- To assemble: Spoon a generous dollop of curd onto center of each pavlova. Divide strawberries and strawberry juice between each pavlova.
- Serve immediately.
- *Note: When working with egg whites make sure that bowl and utensils are very clean.
- Serves 12
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 90 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved