Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Moist and juicy chicken simmers in a lemon garlic sauce for a quick and easy dinner that’s ready in 35 minutes. Serve with lightly buttered orzo, noodles or rice and a side of steamed vegetables.
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts Or Thighs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour Plus 2 Tablespoons (Divided)
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Medium Lemons (Juiced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Green Onions (Sliced)
- Place cast iron skillet over a medium-high heat. When hot add 2 tablespoons butter and canola oil. Swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle each chicken piece with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 cup flour in shallow bowl and dredge each chicken piece in it. Cover each side with flour. Shake off any excess.
- Place chicken in pan and cook 4 to 8 minutes on each side until nice and browned. Reduce heat to low and let simmer 15 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining butter and 2 tablespoons flour. Whisk together to create a roux. Let cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Whisk to combine with butter and flour mixture. Add chicken back to pan. Let simmer. Sauce will thicken in about a minute. Add garlic and simmer another 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle sliced green onion on top.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved