Yields or Serves:
Tags: Carrots, Celery, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Noodle Soup, Egg Noodles, Fusilli, Greenwich Free Press, Kosher Salt, Noodles, Olive Oil, Onions, Orzo, Parsley, Pasta, Pepper, Poultry, Quick Chicken Noodle Soup, Rotini, Rotisserie Chicken, Salt, Soups, Victoria Hart Glavin, Water, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Many of us just don’t have time to make chicken noodle soup from “uber scratch.” To speed things up you may want to heat the broth mixture in the microwave to jump-start the cooking. In the meantime, sauté the aromatic ingredients in your soup pot to get this dish underway. I like the shape of fusilli; you can also make this soup with wide egg noodles, rotini, or even orzo.
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Celery (Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Large Carrot (Chopped)
- 6 Ounces Pasta Of Your Choice
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- Combine 2 Cups water and chicken broth in microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- In large-size saucepan heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, kosher salt, pepper, and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes until almost tender. Stir frequently. Add hot broth mixture and pasta. Bring to a boil. Cook 8 minutes until pasta is almost al dente. Stir in chicken. Cook 2 minutes until thoroughly heat. Stir in chopped parsley.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen