Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
These buttery cookies with a jam center are delicious and festive.
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 2/3 Cup Jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat sugar, butter, salt, vanilla, and almond extract until nice and smooth. Add flour. Mix to combine.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Leave an inch of space between each cookie.
- Grease the flat bottom of a drinking glass and use it to press the balls to 1/2 inch thick.
- Place in oven 10 to 12 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Remove from oven and use a small bottle lid or other flat round object about 1 inch in diameter to press a circle into the warm cookies to make a well for the jam.
- Fill indentations in the cookies with 1 teaspoon of jam. Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes About 26 Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 22 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved