Yields or Serves: 6
Béarnaise Sauce is a delicious French sauce made of clarified butter, emulsified in egg yolks and white wine vinegar and flavored with herbs. Béarnaise sauce is a traditional sauce for steak, but can also be used on eggs, broccoli, leeks, cod, chicken, pork, lobster, salmon, beef tenderloin, potatoes, and pretty much anything that you can think of.
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Shallot
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar Or Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Tarragon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 16 Tablespoons Melted Butter (Cooled To Room Temperature)
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to small-size skillet. Add shallots and sauté 4 minutes until softened. Set aside.
- To food processor or blender add egg yolks, water, lemon, shallots and kosher salt. Process until smooth. Slowly add butter in a thin steam until an emulsion forms. Fold in tarragon.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 4 Minutes Total Time: 14 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved