Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Barbeque Sauce, BBQ, Brown Sugar, Butter, Cola, Cowboy Cooking, Dr. Pepper, Garlic, Greenwich Free Press, Grilling Time, Herbs, Jamaican Jerk Seasonings, Kosher Salt, Malt Vinegar, Memorial Day, Memorial Day Weekend, Onions, Root Beer, Salt, Sauces, Soda Jerk, Soda Jerk Barbeque Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Tomatoes, Unsalted Butter, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
I never buy prepared sauces at the market because I like to experiment making my own. Try making a barbecue sauce with your favorite soda. You’ll be surprised at how great it tastes
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 8 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Cups Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cups Cola, Root Beer, Or Dr. Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Vinegar (I like using malt vinegar)
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- In medium-size saucepan, melt butter over a medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook 6 minutes until onions are tender. Make sure to stir occasionally. Stir in tomato sauce, soda, vinegar, brown sugar, kosher salt, and jerk seasoning. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, 60 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Brush sauce on smoked or grilled beef, pork, or poultry as it grills. If desired, reheat any remaining sauce and serve with meat.
- Makes About 3 Cups.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved